Localize sales efforts
and expand your customer base.
A smart techinique that won the loyalty
of an independent sales force.
- Air Tahiti Nui
- Sales Force Communication
- Flyer Templates, Message Builder, Measurement & Tracking
Like many businesses, Air Tahiti Nui (ATN) depends in part on a sales force it doesn't control- in this case, thousands of independent travel agents who book flights for business and leisure travelers.The Internet represented an affordable vehicle for staying in touch with those agents and ensuring they - and their customers - remain loyal.Requirements:
- Give individual agents the flexibility to customize direct marketing communications as appropriate for their clients while adhering to ATN's branding and messaging corporate guidelines.
- Make the solution user-friendly so marketing professionals could implement campaigns without assistance from technology personnel.
Using Message Builders, a customized enterprise solution from EmailOpen, ATN used a flyer template that could be personalized, printed and distributed or emailed directly to clients.Specifics:
- The core of the marketing communications piece - copy and layout - was locked. This ensured it would be in full compliance with ATN's standards - i.e. "on brand and on message.
- Travel agents could easily incorporate localized, client-specific messaging, such as special promotions, individualized rates and offers and the travel agents' own names, photos and contact information.
- Email or print capability gave each agent the additional flexibility of reaching his or her own clients using means that made most sense for that specific client relationship.
- Travel agents implemented the program using easy-to-understand built-in guidelines and help functionality. Technical support was not required.
- ATN could use EmailOpen's reporting tools to measure use, including detailed information on how often campaigns were opened by customers.
After the first mailing, Air Tahiti Nui (ATN) saw a dramatic increase in the number of Internet bookings.
- Increased Sales Force Loyalty: The EmailOpen solution gave ATN an extremely cost-effective means of building sales force loyalty and promoting the ATN brand to a wider audience of business and leisure travelers. ATN built goodwill among travel agents, who, at no cost to themselves, received a flexible, professionally designed sales piece to put in front of their clients.
- Wider Audience Reach: ATN was able to piggyback on the agents' mailing list to reach a wider audience with appropriately branded marketing communications materials - without the cost of implementing and managing the effort themselves.
- Rapid ROI: The program achieved rapid ROI and is currently being expanded to include additional distribution networks.